The unsightly green patches or white spots on food items, black spots on the shower curtain, or the slimy orange film on the kitchen drain are familiar sights in some homes/buildings. Given its abundance in homes and buildings, the chances are that you are already familiar with mold. Mold is a fungus that grows on most organic material, such as wood, food, fabric, paper, cardboard, paint, wallpaper, etc.
Any area in your building with a lot of moisture, such as leaky water pipes, provide the ideal condition for mold growth. Many people don’t consider mold to be a significant issue; however, they underestimate the harm it can cause. Mold can cause various adverse health problems, including stuffy nose, wheezing, itchy eyes, or skin, and it can also exacerbate asthma. If you have a mold infestation and want to know if you need to take any action, contact Atlanta Mold & Cleaning in Las Vegas.
In this blog post, we share seven things about mold that you should know.
1. Moisture provides the ideal breeding ground for mold. So, if you control the moisture; you control the mold.
2. There is no method to eliminate mold and mold spores; your best bet is to clean the existing mold and eliminate the sources of moisture as much as possible.
3. The humidity inside your building significantly contributes to mold growth. You should control humidity by increasing ventilation, using air conditioners, and using exhaust fans in areas where there is considerable water usage.
4. According to Berkley Lab, EPA studies, “Of the 21.8 million people reported having asthma in the U.S., approximately 4.6 million cases are estimated to be attributable to dampness and mold exposure in the home.”
5. Any surface with mold growth should be cleaned with water and detergent and then dried well.
6. The cold surfaces where condensation may occur, such as pipes, roof, floor, etc., also promote mold growth.
7. There are certain areas in public buildings, such as water fountains/dispensers or sinks, where it may not be possible to control the moisture. Avoid using absorbent materials like carpets in such areas.
Now that you know how mold grows in your house or place of work and the hazards of mold infestation, let us provide you with some tips on controlling the growth of this unsightly intruder.
- Routinely inspect your property for water leakages or excess moisture and promptly fix any such issues, including leaking pipes, roof, etc.
- Control the humidity levels inside the building to control mold in the house.
- If excess water accumulates in an area, promptly clean it and completely dry the area.
- Ensure adequate ventilation in the shower area, kitchen, laundry, etc.
While there are several actions you can take yourself to limit or prevent mold growth, if there is a significant infestation in your home or place of work, you will need professional help. Atlanta Mold & Cleaning in Las Vegas, is a mold removal and cleaning company with over two decades of experience in this industry. We provide reliable mold inspection and mold cleaning services at the most affordable rates.
Get a free estimate for our cleaning services.